Asylum magazine is a forum for free debate, open to anyone with an interest in psychiatry or mental health. We especially welcome contributions from service users or ex-users (or survivors), carers, and frontline psychiatric or mental health workers (anonymously, if you wish).
The magazine is not-for-profit and run by a collective of unpaid volunteers. Asylum Collective is open to anyone who wants to help produce and develop the magazine, working in a spirit of equality. Please contact us if you want to help.
- Find out about 30 years of history of Asylum Magazine here
- You can find arrangements of how to get a copy or back issue of Asylum magazine on our ‘Subscribe’ page
- You can read some sample articles from Asylum magazine here
- You can explore our archives on the website as they develop
- Check out past and upcoming Asylum events here
- If you want to contribute to the magazine, click here
- Read more about the editorial team and collective here
- Want to get involved with editing or promoting Asylum? Click here
- Want to place a bulk order of Asylum Magazine for a special event? Click here