Back issues of Asylum magazine, from 2010-2018 are now freely available on the Asylum website as downloadable pdfs.
More recent issues will go up after 12 months has elapsed from the date of publication; and there are plans to scan and upload the older issues too.
This resource – which can be used in multiple ways – includes, amongst much else:
- A special issue on the Paranoia Network
- ‘What everyone should know about psychiatric medication‘
- The Mad Pride edition
- An issue guest edited by the Spiritual Crisis Network
- An issue guest edited by the Alliance for Counselling and Psychotherapy on Creative Responses to Difficult Times
- A special issue on Self Harm
- A four part series on Comics and Mental health
- An issue with a focus on ECT
- Three issues with a focus on Mad Studies
including the Canadian Mad Studies issue
- Two issues marking Asylum’s thirtieth birthday – and with a review of what has changed over the time of its production:
Please explore, make use of these and pass the word around.